Do you struggle making time for self care?
Do you suck at being creative?
In today’s episode, we break down 15 self care habits that take 5 minutes of less.
Now it’s prescriptive- I try to match your problem or need to a corresponding habit. And my hope is this will inspire your own creativity to see what’s possible in recovery.
|01. Romance||Read Poetry|
|02. Lack of Peace||Breath Meditation|
|03. Visually Stimulated||Art Appreciation|
|04. Masturbation/Idle Hands||Drawing, Wood Working, Model Building, Legos|
|05. Cluttered Mind||Philip Glass|
|06. Boredom||Go for a walk (Call a friend)|
|07. Low Energy||Make a healthy smoothie|
|08. Obsessive Thoughts||Scripture Memorization|
|09. Worried About Money||Be Generous|
|10. Horny||Stair Drills or Cold Showers|
|11. Anger||Heavy Metal Therapy|
|12. Intimacy connection with wife||Do the dishes|
|13. Healthy Touch||Connect with kids in your life|
|14. Feeling Out of Control||5-Minute Journal|
|15. Brain Candy||Keep a queue of classic movies (Before 1960)|
- Shelley: Poems by Percy Bysshe Shelley (Amazon)
- The Trouble with Poetry and Other Poems By Billy Collins (Amazon)
- The Art Book (Amazon)
- Artist, Wassily Kandinsky (Wikipedia link)
- Philip Glass – Solo Piano (Amazon)
- In Flames – A Sense of Purpose (Amazon)
- The Five Minute Journal: A Happier You in 5 Minutes a Day (Amazon)
- How Do You Memorize Scripture? By John Piper (Blog post)
- Hitchcock by Francois Truffaut (Amazon)
- The Shop Around the Corner (1940) (Wikipedia link)
Porn Free This Year – NEW!
Build your recovery plan and go porn free in 2018.
REV Group Coaching
Bring in the new year by joining a REV group. Connect with other guys on the journey, each week, in our confidential online meetings.
The links to Amazon are affiliate links, meaning if you make a purchase, I will earn a commission at no additional cost to you.